RCU Forums - View Single Post - New large scale Airliner kits
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 07:41 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: New large scale Airliner kits

ORIGINAL: Steve Moore

I dont understand why so many are criticising Ilja's work, he has clearly stated he isnt looking for 100% scale representation, and he is certainly not forcing anyone to buy the finished product, if the critics are unhappy about the molds or airliner kits that Grumania produce then dont buy one and create your own scale masterpiece, produce these commercially for general public to buy! If you guys really are not comfortable with the finished product, save your cash. But I think it is somewhat unfair that people are enjoying their criticism. I personally think it is superb to see someone manufacturing airliner kits. Lets face it, how many guys do you know at the field with F15, L39, Bandit this Viperjet that! Great work Grumania, look forward to a 737 purchase when they are finished!!!!
Not criticism but constructive feedback. If you post your product here, you should expect it even if unrequested.

BTW, most people here like these airliner models, it is evident on their postings. I do as well. The one issue that most seem to agree on is the cockpit windshield/nose area, which can be spotted from a mile away, and the reason is that on Boeing jetliners, the nose section is their legacy and it seems like everyone misses it when plugs are being created (not sure why!)

Understood if you want to do a sport scale version of the model. I would have compromised scale elsewhere such as lack of scale slats/flaps, no panel lines, to simplify the product. Solely my opinion.