RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need more channels? Suggestions please....
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need more channels? Suggestions please....

ORIGINAL: blue77

I just recently bought a new Spektrum 8 channel and several receivers...I think I screwed up, my main interest is warbirds so I need...2 channels for ailerons, 2 channels for elevators, 1 for rudder, 1 for flaps, 1 for gear 1 for throttle and 1 for engine kill...that adds up to 9...any option other than a new transmitter? any suggestions? Thanks
I have an H9 P47-150 I have been flying for 4 years. It has Dual Ailerons, Dual Flaps, Dual Elevators, Dual Retract Servos, Rudder, Throttle, and Fiber Optic Kill. I used a Reversing Y on my Flaps, but the Reversed Flap servo jittered every time I started the engine, I replaced the Flap servos and extensions, but the same side still jittered. I switched to a Matchbox and the problem went away.

I use a Matchbox on Flaps and Elevators. I use Mixed Channels for Aileron and Gear. My 9303 allows me to Delay one Main Gear, so the Gear goes up in a scale fashion. If I had an 11X, I would not need Matchboxes.

I have had many instances, over the years, where Y Harnesses have had to be replaced because servos were behaving wierdly and bouncing every time I moved the sticks. Also, the Reversed side of a Reversing Y tends to drift off of Neutral every couple of flights. This is noticeable with Dual Flaps and Dual Elevators. These problems were noticed not only on my aircraft, but those belonging to others, as well.