RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elevators will not sync W/11X
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elevators will not sync W/11X

ORIGINAL: Citation01

I have read about every article I can find just so I didn't have to post this question. I have a JR 11X and have flaperon as wing type with split elevators. Naturally one elevator is plugged in to the elev. ch. and the other half is plugged in to aux. 3. There is very little sub trim, just a touch to get arms 90 degrees. The push rods are with in a sixteenth of an inch of being equal length. No matter what I do the elevators WILL NOT TRACK the same. The farther you move the stick, the larger the separation. I have changed end points, travel length and everything else or should say the obvious solutions and hints posted here and other sites.. Never have had this problem and been trying to find where the problem is for almost a week. I am not a computer genius which is a per requisite to own a JR11X. Any, ANY suggestions gladly appreciated. PLEASE

Thank you,
John
My immediate thoughts are...

1. Are your elevator servos the same brand and type? have you tested the servo throw side by side...

2. are both servos using similar servo horns? Are the pushrods connected to the same hole on the servos? and on the elevator? IE most inner or outer hole for example

3. Is there any binding in the hinge of one of the elevators?

4. Are your servo horns at exactly 90 degreees when neutral?

If all of the above items check out.. then they should move evenly...

you should be able to sync them with the 11x radio using end points

EG.. if they are synced at neutral.. deflect the elevators fully and while holding full deflection adjust the endpoint of one of servos (eg Aux 3) until hte elevators match..

Hope that helps..