RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***Official*** 1/18 Scale HIGH SPEED Thread!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 AM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***Official*** 1/18 Scale HIGH SPEED Thread!!!

This is a cool thread!! Some of you may have seen my recent questions about a micro setup for a high speed car.  Having done a lot of nitro high speed projects in the past, I thought it time to get into a 1/18th high speed setup.  After some advice from guys here on the baord I decided to build a Vendetta.  This will be my first electric car but it should be fun.  I ordered a brand new Vendetta SC that I will be working with, and I've already got sealed bearings, CVD's and ball diffs with metal gears coming for it. I'm now debating between a Mamba setup or a Tekin Mini Rage setup (I'm leaning towards the Mini Rage as it can run 4S).
Also, any recommendations on body, wheel/tire, width setup for this project?  Obviously an open wheel car isn't the best for a high speed project, but I like the liked the length of the SC chassis.  Should I swap over the suspension pieces from a TC version, or do I want the width for stability?
Are there any bigger bodies that will cover the wheels? Maybe a 1/10th pan car body or something?
My favorite basher is my MT2 that I have all set up for on road use, so I am also building a brushless, high speed pass MT2.  I'm addicted to the high speed thing!