RCU Forums - View Single Post - why slow on the uptake traxxas?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
hpiracr28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why slow on the uptake traxxas?

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: hpiracr28

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

Because not enough people want/will pay for one.

No Demand = No Potential Profit.
No Potential Profit = No Investment.
how many SUV's are there on the auto market today? yet every year the car companies re-make their models or come up with new ones.
why...........cause people will buy them.
why stick with a scx10 or ax10 that every one has, when you can be different and have a traxxas?(at least until everyone buys a traxxas)

and my main point, is why didnt traxxas come up with a crawler 1 or 2 years ago???
Name five actual SUVs that have anything that resembles off-road ability. Five. Name them.

ThunderbirdJunkie can name three.
Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

Your point in this post simply cements why Traxxas won't build a dedicated crawler. People want something that LOOKS like it can go off road, they don't care if it CAN. That's where 99.9999999999% of Liberty, Wrangler, and FJ sales go.

YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE BLAZER, BRONCO, RAM CHARGER, BLAZER ZR2, S-10 ZR2. May look like they can go off roading, but can they do it in style and well??
ThunderbirdJunkie was only referring to modern, currently available models. S10s are not SUVs btw.
i noticed that after i posted lol. well although the zr2's aren't available anymore, they were just a few short years ago. but yes, jeep as of right now has the only "off-roading" affect on the design of their vehicles. dodge redesigned the durango, but not for off-roading. come to think of it, sadly, jeep is the only one who has kept off road in their mind with every vehicle. years ago it was available more, but todays marketi guess nobody wants off roaders anymore, whether it be an suv or pickup