RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 AM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

I've had many emails and PM's asking me if I can show some pictures of the process of making one of these molds. OK, here I will show you guys some of what I go through to preserve one of these Classic Pattern planes. It is fairly costly and if I didn't love the great lines of these Classics I probably would never have taken on such a project. I just couldn't find these anywhere on the planet and I guess I just wanted to have them to fly once again. There just isn't anything else like them around.

I would also like to thank everyone that has helped in my efforts by loaning me the plane parts and kits to bring them back for everyone to enjoy.

These shots are of the "Atlas" a 1975 World Champion.

First here you see the fuselage set up in the parting board.

The second picture is the clay being applied all around the fuselage to fill the tiny cracks and voids between the parting board and the fuselage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29924.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1654745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32958.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1654746