RCU Forums - View Single Post - best bang for you buck brushed motor on the market.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: best bang for you buck brushed motor on the market.

Dont mean to offend anyone, but brushed motors are horrible, ive smoked 5 of them in the early days, why would u want to go brushedd??? whats the resoning behind it?
Ive never seen any brushed r/c car that could keep up with a brushless or a nitro car.

Here a few points that make brusless better
brushless RC motor the windings are mounted stationary, meaning less rotating mass
Commutation is done electronically rather than mechanically
Less radio noise generated to interfere with the remote control
No loss of commutation due to brushes flying over the commutator
No loss of effectiveness due to resistance of the brushes
Lowering resistance because more wire and thicker wire can be fit in the "can"

Because of these advantages the brushless RC motor have the capability to spin faster. To operate at higher currents, to produce more power, with no loss in performance.

What does this all mean, For the power produced a brushless motor is more efficent.

hands without shadows why u spent 4 hours stuffing around with ur motor & what gained maby a extra 10% in preformnce
while u were doing that i fitted a 2200kv motor with a HPI GRU into my crawler all under 7min. I would even go as far as i bet my motor has way more torque down low, more useable power, higher rpm, & would last longer on the same battery than ur brushed motor. on ur brushed motor can u adjust the innital brake force & brake drag. or running mode (just forward & backward with auto brakes for down hill runs)

$10 says ur new motor cant do a 15deg down hill run, make a dead stop 1/2 way then reverse back to the top without it slipping forwad even the slightest
this is my car testing out the down hill brakes, keep in mind this is a tamiya buggy with MT wheels
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI6veCm8Qhg[/youtube]