RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Hookah?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 PM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Hookah?

I simply used the word 'bad' (in quotation marks) as a metaphor trying to explain to proanti that he'd confused Hashish with Sheesha.

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison cell (out here). In the Middle East they call it Shisha or Sheesha. That is the wet/sticky leaf tobacco that comes in different flavors and smoked through a hooka pipe.

To answer Shark's original question, no, I don't, it makes me want to smoke more cigarettes.

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

is there any other device like a traditional pipe that i can use to smoke hookah tobacco , ? , seen the tobacco at my shop here 50oz for $6 and thats really cheap
You are not really smoking Hookah tobacco (actually called hashish). You are vaporizing it. With a hookah, there is a ceramic bowl on the top, you lay down some foil, poke some holes, then put a huge wad of the hashish on it. You then cover the hashish with more foil, poke some holes, then put a charcoal on top. The heat from the charcoal vaporizes the oils and flavors, but doesn't do anything to the actual tobacco, it's just there to add some flavor. The vapor being pulled through is very hot because of the charcoal, so it needs to be pulled through water to cool down. Smoking tobacco is very dry, whereas hashish is almost like tobacco mixed with jam. You could probably try to smoke it through a bubbler or something, but it would probably taste like crap.
Ah, yes... shisha. I was mistaken.
[quote]ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison

Why is it bad stuff?
It (hashish or anything related to it) actually has medicinal value; a good friend of mine that lives in California has epilepsy and he uses it (hashish related stuff) to control his seizures.
As a matter of fact he uses a hookah with a few friends that have MS to smoke it and if you ask me I think the tobacco you use in a hookah is actually the bad stuff.
It maybe illegal where you are but in CA and 10+ other states it's been decriminalized for medicinal purposes so it's definately (Except for what the federal gov thinks) not bad stuff.