RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron reduction drive on TF 1/5th P-51 Mustang models
Old 09-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Byron reduction drive on TF 1/5th P-51 Mustang models

ORIGINAL: rglgatortail

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

Here r pictures of my Byron reduction drive, apart from this i only have 2 of it's drive belts....

My other question is about the support of this drive, does it only bolts on the firewall and it takes all the load/weight n vibrations of the engine and the propeller or is there some type of support structure that is needed to be made that will acts as drive support to take off the weight from the firewall and the drive shaft....
No in that picture that you have of your set up the motor bolts right onto where the four hex head bolts are and you will have a pulley on the motor that lines up with the larger pulley of the prop drive, the one part that your thumb is touching is where the prop drive bolts to the firewall so this set up that you have uses no drive shaft because this is the simplier one to use and not so long like the other pictures of the other model that was posted.

ORIGINAL: rglgatortail

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

Here r pictures of my Byron reduction drive, apart from this i only have 2 of it's drive belts....

My other question is about the support of this drive, does it only bolts on the firewall and it takes all the load/weight n vibrations of the engine and the propeller or is there some type of support structure that is needed to be made that will acts as drive support to take off the weight from the firewall and the drive shaft....
No in that picture that you have of your set up the motor bolts right onto where the four hex head bolts are and you will have a pulley on the motor that lines up with the larger pulley of the prop drive, the one part that your thumb is touching is where the prop drive bolts to the firewall so this set up that you have uses no drive shaft because this is the simplier one to use and not so long like the other pictures of the other model that was posted.
@ rglgatortail, Oh i see, ok i get it. So what maximum size motor can i mount on this mount and where can i get that pully u r talking about that will go on the engine directly....

@ Ram-bro, If TF cowl's lip dia is 1/4" smaller or larger then the backplate of Byron Spinner, i'll be ok with it. I can live with this ever so slight size difference.