RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:40 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Excellent Tipo pictures Don!

Good work on the Atlas too.

So I take it that if one aligns the wing saddle LE area of both the Tipo's, the 750 has a TE which ends aft of the 720 and both the nose and the tail end beyond those of the classic 720 as well?

It would then be interesting to compare the wing saddle of the Tipo 720 and Illusion as the latter is also a 750 squares design. The Illusion should have a wider wing saddle compared to the 720 but my understanding is that otherwise, except for its position in fuse, the two molds are identical. If you were able to take pictures of the fuses from above with their bottoms toward each other aligned at the saddle LE this could be confirmed.

It would also be interesting to compare the wing planforms of the Illusions and Tipo 750. While they both have 750 squares, they might not have the same spans or general planform. I'm not sure if you are going to put those wing planforms into CAD (if you don't, I'd be happy to do so) but I imagine you'll have to for purposes of cutting the cores. I'd be interested in a PDF of those planforms for my records.

As far as I know the T720 and I750 are 65" span wings. I don't know if the T750 has the same root chord as the T720 and a longer wing. Judging by the length of the fuse, I imagine it also has a slightly longer span (66-67" ?).

David.