RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Don,

thanks for your reply. It would be cool to see the fuses bottom-to-bottom so to speak . With a photo from above one can see the difference in "fuse side planforms".

Jeff, thanks for the GP Tipo plan. I have the equivalent Illusion plan but unfortunately not scanned. I'll get it done one of these days. If memory serves though the spans are the same (65") and the tips are only marginally different if at all. I believe the difference is all in the root. If that's the case then it would be interesting to see if the wing position in the fuse (wing height aside) is symmetrically spaced about that of the T720. In other words, is the additional chord at the TE, LE or even about the center of the saddle. If the two fuses are the exact same length then squaring them tip and nose will show where and how the additional area is positioned.

I'll go an compare the T720 and Illusion "plans" to see how the wing planforms differ.

The reason I'm interested is because I'd eventually like to modify the built up Tipo plans to produce an Illusion plan in CAD - primarily for smaller versions.

David.