RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE170cc Autostart System
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Umran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE170cc Autostart System

Thanks Amish.

Anyway let me describe the history a bit on the development of this start system.

Yes for a long time i had the intention of developing it after successfully developed DLE111 and DLE222 start system. One can search out threads that i open for those auto start systems. With it i received so many queries on developing some other engine type start system. Some even asked for MOKI 5 cyc radial start system for a more realistic scale airplanes. On that MOKI engine, i'm sorry, i do not have the engine physically nor do i have the detail drawings, so can't help out on that. But seriously i would love to do it.

For this 170cc, a youtube friend by the name of Mr Jason (http://www.youtube.com/user/kymerajet) told me he has given up trying to make an auto start system from frontal drive. From his youtube channel and his website www.kymerabodyboard.com, i believe he is developing some sort of motorized surf board and this 170cc will be used to power one of his body board. Due to failures i believe he then asked me to develop the start system for this engine type. This was in Mei if i remember correctly. I told him that i'm a bit tight-up at that moment as i have to prepare the ground work for our new aircraft fleet i.e. A380 (to those who doesn't know me, I'm an aeronautical engineer working for Malaysia Airline). Maybe in September i'll have a bit of time for this.

In mid August, he contacted me again for this system. I said okay, the choices are either getting it together with the engine or just the start system kit only. He choose the later. With that, a new approached must be in place.

I must develop this system so that a very minimal work needed by the engine owner to get it installed. If one browse my previous threads, one can see the work involve to mod the engine is quite extensive. But this time around, the external shaft will come as a kit. Some help also from DLE engine manufacturer as they supplied the engines with a sealed type rear bearing.

The same concept will be used for other engine type as well. Below are the research and development cost of this system,

1. Bearings x 5 = rm80
2. Gears multiple size and material = rm350
3. 6mm CNC brackets x 2 = rm200
4. 13 Machined Parts = rm630
5. Engine Mod = rm140
6. BL Motor = rm180
7. Nut and Bolts = rm20
8. Traveling cost NILAI to SG. BESI and back x 5 = rm125

Total = rm1725 or USD575. The one that has not been included is ESC 60Amp, battery, my designing time and labor. In fact for this particular system i got a new vendor to do the machining, the results are super precise, the tolerance is within 0.03mm. Impressive! In fact when i assembled everything, the smoothness of the system is simply superb.

And with that, the system is now up and running.