RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setup for multi engine
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Setup for multi engine

Disabling of the throttle trim for an electric is primarily a habit that is carried over from using the 9303 that is sold here. The 9303, with its analog throttle trim, doesn’t have a THRO HOLD function in ACRO that can be used to inhibit the motor as a safety switch. A way of constructing one is to set one of the curves in the THRO CURV menu to hold the motor off. However, the curve doesn’t include the throttle trim. If the trim was bumped, the motor turns on. So this scheme only works as a safety if the trim is disabled. Also, I have never had a need to use a throttle trim on an electric to keep the motor running as opposed to my IC powered models which have a very irritating habit of quitting if the idle is not set well.

In replying to your inquiry it was simpler to specify all the trims are off. I hadn’t explored the consequences of including the throttle trim in the mixes. With more reflection I probably would include it. On my 11X the only way to include the THRO HOLD on all three motor channels is to include the trim as well. As our 11X’s handle the throttle trim differently, I’ll have to leave it to you decide if you wish to include it.

Allan