RCU Forums - View Single Post - new work bench for me (PHOTOS ADDED)
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:47 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new work bench for me (PHOTOS ADDED)

I could have put this in the building board thread, but it might be a while before I completely finish this so I thought I'd start a new thread. A short description and a few pics of what I have so far.

I used 3/4 inch plywood for all the stringers as I can cut it laser strait, well all most strait and it will stay that way. The top will be another piece of 3/4 ply topped with 1/2 inch MDF. The bottom of the table top will be a stressed member out of 1/4 ply. Everything is glued and screwed together except the legs will be removable so it will fit through doors and if we ever decide to move in the future.... The table top size was influenced by the plan size of my upcoming 1/5 Zlin. The plans are 37 inches wide, so I settled on a 40 inch wide top. As I was building the support structure I made it 40 inches wide and then decided I needed a bit of an overhang to be used for clamping and such. So the top is now 42 inches wide Ya know a GOOD carpenter can cover his mistakes. The top measures 42 X 96 inches and the support structure is 5 inches deep. The legs are more ply with bracing to make them strong and light.

I'll post more as I get time

Ken

The photos didn't load as I expected so you get them as a bunch I hope the old "A photo is worth a thousand words" really works

Now I'm getting a "server error" I'll try to upload some later. Sorry Guys[&o]