RCU Forums - View Single Post - What's up with duratrax, anyone know???
Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What's up with duratrax, anyone know???

Duratrax has a ton of products outside of just cars and trucks. As a company I seriously doubt they are going anywhere. I will agree that some of their cars and trucks leave a lot to be desired and they have released some real losers in the past. Namely the entire Evader line up until the EXT2 / DT models were released. Having owned a couple in the past I will be the first to tell you how bad they were and how they're whole "you break it we fix it guarantee" was/is a joke. After I made my first claim they didn't want to talk to me again so when the next plastic part broke I was on my own...

Now that I've thrown the bad out there let me move on to the good. I saw the DT at Ihobby and liked the look. The body could be more detailed but not bad for $120 truck. I talked to reps at the show and they told me about all the improvements etc. Typical sales guys stuff. it sounded good and looks like a better product so I waited a few months and bought a very lightly used DT off Ebay. Got the truck and it was almost new.

I slapped a battery in and out the door I went. After the first pull of the trigger I knew that they were still running the same old motor as it was still a dog. The steering servo was also weak and slow. No problem.. Traxxas 12T Titan and 2075 servo were laying on the table so in they went. In the past a Titan would kill a Evader gearbox with just a couple of runs so I was kind of expecting the same thing.. Good news is that motor has been in the truck for about 30 runs and it's still together. The servo fixed the steering issues and so far I haven't broke anything on the truck to date which is a major step up from previous products.

I'm not going to say everything Duratrax makes is good stuff but their products seem to have improved over the last couple of years.