RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Spitfire Build
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: H9 Spitfire Build

Flew the spit late this evening after I got it all fixed up and had a excellent first flight. The dle was zinging the prop and it was Fast!!! I practiced some low approaches before attempting the landing and the first landing went great. I kept the power on just a little bit until about a foot above the ground which left the airplane fast. I had a beautiful first landing. I took the airplane up again and had a good flight, but on landing it dropped just a little bit, maybe the last 6 inches and broke the opposite retract out. I think it was weakened after the last one and although I checked, I think it was very weak. I am pretty sure that if I was to do the exact thing again there wouldn't have been any problem. So that being said, I am regluing the retract mount and should be up and running when my next day off comes around. I am not worried about landing anymore now that I have a better picture of what it is supposed to look like. Kind of reminds me of the old P-51 mustang clip where the guy comes in real hot and bounces the thing all the way down the runway. Some of you may know what I'm talking about. Thanks everyone!