RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/7th F-14D Scratch build thread *building started*
Old 10-15-2011, 03:01 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

In between working on the truck (plus i did some of that last night), I did some work on the 14 today...

First up, was getting that windscreen done. Sooooo...
I installed the lower side frame panels to the windscreen:

Then i made the template for trimming the left side windscreen opening on the piece of litho i made yesterday:

Then traced the template onto the litho panel, then cut that portion out:

Then i did the same for the center frame opening:

Then i flattened this out with my little roller and made a tracing of it for the other side:

Then all the screw details were hammered into the plate and attached to the windscreen:

Then the same thing was done for the other panel, and here it is completed:

Then the light frames for the vertical fins, formation light frames, and the stiffeners (the brass parts) on the sides were made up and installed on the vertical fins:

Then i made up the last 4 access panels for the vertical fins, and the last access panels for the wings. Once these are installed, All of the litho detailing will be 99% done. The only thing left to do, is the exhaust nozzle parts.

Then i glassed the exhaust nozzle plug. Once it goes green, i'll trim the glass and glass the end of the foam, then leave it to cure. Then i guess while i wait, I will either make the turkey feather panels, or finish the aft fuselage mods.