RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Futaba 8J
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 PM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Futaba 8J

This is the replacement for 7C FASST. However there are many FASST 7CH Rx's still out there operating onnew Tx's so Futaba will retain compatibility to these Rx with current Tx's

Futaba has long ago realised where their gaps are. Its not technology. Its about price point so they are producing radio's with more features at lower cost. The T8FG was the first product of this change in direction. It was followed by the T6J and next year the T8J replaces the T7C.
The 18MZ is of course a no holds barred all out technical tour de force yet will sell for a similar price to the 14MZ but with more features

Will the T10C be replaced? I doubt it but I have been wrong before.

I think by end of 2012 you will see their Rc airplane/heli/glider range looking like this

T6J S-FHSS
T8J S-FHSS
T8FGS (name likely to change to T14FG) S-FHSS/FASST/FASSTest
T12FG Possible upgrade to 16channels therefore becoming T16FG S-FHSS/FASST/FASSTest
T18MZ S-FHSS/FASST/FASSTest

There is a gap between T8J and T8FGS so that may be filled in 2013 by a "T10J". However a radio to fit in between the T8FG and T12FG is more likely before the T12FG is retired in 2013.

Remember that the t*FG doe snot compete with a DX8 of XG8. It is a more highly featured radio.