RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Futaba 8J
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:36 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Futaba 8J

I too agree that the T6J and T8J are most likely the eventual replacements for the entry level 6EX and 7C transmitters, to add to TimBles points, the T6J also supports dual elevator servos, which the 6EX does not. The modelers considering a radio in the price range of the T6J are also considering receiver pricing. If my 8FG was currently capable of S-FHSS transmission, I'd be very happy to risk my "beater" 4 Star 60 with the full range 6 channel F-HSS receiver. The Futaba pricing on the 6 channel F-HSS receivers (full range and parkflier) beats the pricing on genuine Spektrum receivers by 15 bucks in both examples. As long as there is an upgrade path (8FG[8D]) for someone considering these new radios, then I would not hesitate to suggest these radios to someone just entering the hobby. I think that there probably is a another market to consider with the lower cost S-FHSS protocol, think Link N' fly I doubt any marketing organization, such as Hobbico can continue to ignore this segment of the market.
Pete