RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Futaba 8J
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:39 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Futaba 8J

ORIGINAL: TimBle

well I was told by the rep that the 6J replaces the 6EX and a new radio will replace the 7C next year. The T8J is now announced so it appears it is the 7C replacement.

or do yo beleive Futaba will be selling

T6J
T6EX
T7C
T8J
T10C
T8FG
T12FG
T12Z
T14MZ
T18MZ

yip 10 different transmitters?!

Thats a lot of Stock keeping units to manage and RC is not big when compared to other passtimes is it...

If they realluy want to confuse their customers and drive people to other brands then they increase their range of non compatible radio transmissions systems. That is marketing suicide as others have mentioned.
I can only assume that they are in a transision phase. Keeping older radio's on the market till the new model range is complete before removing the older models from the pricelists and website.
This tactic is well known to me as I have used it before when I was Product Portfolio Manager for my previous employer. Taper down sales n old units while phasing in new units.

So do you wish to engage in discussion or just make sarcastic comments
Are all of these permutations of 2.4 - intended for a worldwide market ? Will they all be offered in the USA?
In the case of the Spektrum DSM- then DSM2-I saw a lot of confusion at entry level -even tho only one tx and one rx was involved. Some guys thought this was a bad deal-
The JR radio sales are likely to get mired in the same sea of incompatible systems- Us models plus the other 2.4 systems
Odd that both Futaba and JR would try to ramp up offerings to a market where clearly the trend is to smaller models inc the sub miniature Bind n Fly types - Even Hobby King has done a copy of those little rx n servosThe trend appears obvious.
It will be interesting to see how this all sorts out

The fact that a very good rf link is pretty well defined/ in operation and available makes me wonder what is going on. Variety ? is that what this is all about?