RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Extra 330S 60-90 Size
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 AM
dmoody19
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Pheonix Extra 330S 60-90 Size

ORIGINAL: woodycubamo

I have an extra long cowl if anyone needs one. I had a little accident with mine and I ordered the wrong cowl. I reordered the short cowl to fit my older style model. The more I fly this plane the more I like it. You all need to watch flying this plane too fast. I was making a low high speed pass with mine and noticed I was having elevator flutter. I instantly reduced power and the flutter disappeared, but be careful. I reread this thread and several guys said, "watch your speed". I noticed a slight bit of slop in my elevator linkage so I reworked it and took out the slop but I will also be extra careful about flying too fast. But, this plane really looks good in a shallow dive high speed pass. I am flying with a GMS .76 with a 13 x 6 prop. Has plenty of power for my needs.
Woody
This was one of the reasons Idid a mod on mine and made the elevators into one piece with a metal rod. That eliminates the dual servo rod flutter and it flys very well with the elevators being strong and no excess movements. I used a metal gear 180 oz/in serrvo that works wonderfully. I think the issue is partially the different level of the servo mounts which even after you get them set to move evenly (if you can get tehm even) you still have an issue of rod length differences making the stresses of each half slightly different?
Have a great one
Dave