RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought an estate collection of 1/4 scale .. what to do with them?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
delray901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought an estate collection of 1/4 scale .. what to do with them?

I went to an estate sale today (last day of the sale) and ended up buying all of the RC stuff that was left over. I was told that it has been sitting since 2004. I got 3 rolling cars (1 mostly complete, 1 sorta complete, and 1 with wheels), 3 frames, 40 tires/rims, 5-6 engines, carbs, pipes, parts, etc.

I am going to try to get the most complete car going (first car below). I suspect that the carb will need a rebuild or replacement and I am going to need to find a receiver/transmitter and battery set up. It looks like this car has 2 servos to steer and one for throttle. It has a large (6 cell) battery pack. I don't know what the brake set up is (if any). I didnt get any of the radios. What would you recommend for a radio setup? Should I buy a complete radio/servo/battery package?

Also regarding the other cars ... are these frames built to a standard spec? Could I get all the parts I need to complete them (suspesion, gears, etc) from a vendor?