RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which radio?
Thread: Which radio?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Which radio?

I disagree about the programming, but like anything else if your used to jr then futaba will seem that way and if your used futaba jr will.
ORIGINAL: Ruizmilton

Regardless of what everyone's opinions is, and I won't say bad things about Spektrum (on Jr Radios or not) It has been proven that of all top brands available, their RF link is the least robust, if you want the best link available, use a Weatronics module on the radio of your choice, yet if you decide to go with Futaba, don't waste your money on a 10C, it is a nice solid radio, but the programming is not fit even to the most basic Jet requirements (I know, I had one and sold it a week after I bought it), go with a 12FG or 12Z, the 8FG is also capable of 14 channels, but I'm not sure if the programming capabilities are limited compared to the 12 or 14 channel Futaba radios.

While most Futaba users claim that the programing on the top of the line radios (12FG, 12Z and 14 MZ) is extremely flexible, and based on what I've seen, it appears to be true, JR's programming is more intuitive and user friendly than Futaba's.

Just so you have an idea, I use a JR9303 radio with a Futaba FAAST module and FAAST receivers on all my jets, not a single issue, NOTHING! since I switched over, yet when I used Spektrum, well, that's another story...