RCU Forums - View Single Post - tires keep blowing up, need help
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM
LjCraft1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tires keep blowing up, need help

i wouldnt add too much weight yeah these motors are'strong but not designed to handle much more weight as foxy said with the 21t pinion gear lets pretend that adds weight (it actually adds what we call load) now PRETEND for a min that, that gear makes he car weight 18lbs now the motor has to push 18 lbs of dead weight moving plus the weight of the car hense the motor works harder and heats up easier from the increased weight (its u running up a steep hill equivalance) now by reducing the pinion gear to 18t your reducing the weight (actual load to the motor) to 12-14 lbs ( you running up a small slant) motor has to work less now grt to its higher rpms and coling speed faster ( cooling coming from wind blowing accross it) what is your actalu gear setup 21 and  what??? knowing that it will be easier for'you to tune it so that u experience less over heating remeber the faster it can theortically the higher the pinion gear the more the load and the more the heat is prodused if u need me to explain why it gets hotter in technicalterms let me know or if anything is unclear