RCU Forums - View Single Post - SisT FW-190 A8 Schwarze 8
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 11:27 PM
dvs1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SisT FW-190 A8 Schwarze 8

Here is the tail gear for my 1/6 190 that is in the scrap yard. I'm trying to decide if I should try to sell it for a good price or keep it. Here is what I am thinking if i keep it......
Like many Sierra FW tailgear I have seen here on RCU there is a problem with the cylinder glue that holds the cylinder to the gear. When I removed it from my plane I noticed immediately the shock from the crash broke the glue separating the cylinder from the gear...... I have two purposes I could use these parts.

I could use the steering arm, shaft and wheel fork in one of my sport planes that lost its tail wheel and part of the tailgear in flight. It would make a rock solid tailgear and weight wouldn't be an issue as I don't use it for 3D and it has a very light wing loading.

Then with the more important second idea I am going to have an air cylinder sliding canopy on a second air tank in Blue 13. I was thinking that this air cylinder of this gear would be the perfect length for the FW retractable step behind the wing. I could Y the airlines to a single valve so when the canopy is open, the step is down, When the canopy is closed, step is up. I don't think the setup would weigh much more than an ounce and being just behind the wing I would only have to add an ounce or so to counterbalance the addition. I know weight is critical on this particular plane but if your talking 16-32 oz of nose weight ballast what is one more.........

Thoughts, comments?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60512.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1691403