RCU Forums - View Single Post - SisT FW-190 A8 Schwarze 8
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 PM
dvs1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SisT FW-190 A8 Schwarze 8

Did some more painting this weekend. I finished up painting almost everything else. ECT 501 pylon, radio antenna, spare drop tank, repainted cowl mottling, underwing crosses all finished. It is amazing how long it takes to mask the insignias. Probably worth it to spend the 70 some odd dollars for paint masks in the future but it is very rewarding for me when that final tape comes off and I see the finished product that all that drawing and masking effort went to. All that is pretty much left is painting Blue 13 and the nose art. Then it will be weathering. I am going to do a detailed landing gear bay and flap bay at a later time then I will paint them RLM 02 Probably when I am doing the cockpit. I just am really pushing to get the exterior paint finished. Still unsure of my weathering skills I am going to use the 1 good wing panel from my wrecked 190 and use it for a canvas at weathering attempts and styles to try and get one that will be satisfactory for myself on Blue 13. Here are some shots of the weekend progress. I think that time in just masking the two colors on both underwing crosses took at least 2 hours.

I will add to the cowl mottling slightly after the nose art is on. I know exactly where it will go but won't know how much mottling to add until after it is on and I can determine.

shots of 1 wing cross and the cowl as it is tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34718.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1692438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10350.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1692439