RCU Forums - View Single Post - County flying site query
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default County flying site query

Hey, I was wondering if it's easy to get the number of AMA pilots for a county or maybe even surrounding area to approach the County Commissioners about allowing a club on the no longer used portion of the landfill. They have left it flat and looks like grass is growing on it. Seems to me that would be a great addtion to the County's resume by listing an RC flying field. If I tell them that there are X number of pilots in the area they just might bite. I mean with all the clubs either losing their fields and having to move and it just makes sense. It's just sitting there. Plus it's only a few miles from my house! Anyway and I know I can ask AMA and will but was wondering if anyone else has attempted this and had any suggestions. I mean they just built these nice soccer fields that are end to end with goals moveable and usually not set up until needed for soccer and when I asked them if one could fly rc there I was told that no and you have to pay and reserve the fields. I couldn't believe it, they are just sitting there mostly unused! Anyway, thanks for any input on the subject.

Jim, looking for another place to fly in Union County NC.