Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

County flying site query

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

County flying site query

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default County flying site query

Hey, I was wondering if it's easy to get the number of AMA pilots for a county or maybe even surrounding area to approach the County Commissioners about allowing a club on the no longer used portion of the landfill. They have left it flat and looks like grass is growing on it. Seems to me that would be a great addtion to the County's resume by listing an RC flying field. If I tell them that there are X number of pilots in the area they just might bite. I mean with all the clubs either losing their fields and having to move and it just makes sense. It's just sitting there. Plus it's only a few miles from my house! Anyway and I know I can ask AMA and will but was wondering if anyone else has attempted this and had any suggestions. I mean they just built these nice soccer fields that are end to end with goals moveable and usually not set up until needed for soccer and when I asked them if one could fly rc there I was told that no and you have to pay and reserve the fields. I couldn't believe it, they are just sitting there mostly unused! Anyway, thanks for any input on the subject.

Jim, looking for another place to fly in Union County NC.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Tarasdad

Default RE: County flying site query

Contact the AMA for sure. Visit this AMA page as well. If you contact Tony and explain what you're trying to do he may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

One of the nearby flying sites is a closed landfill. It's very nice and works in a pinch, but has no electric, water, permanent buildings, etc. It is a nice site with few neighbors to complain, so it does have advantages.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:51 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Here is a great club in my hometown ! It is built on the city land fill. Check out the T33 ! What a great town !!! They really took care of the club !!

http://www.flyjcrc.com/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31845.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1704529