RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dirty Birdie or Utter Chaos 60
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Dirty Birdie or Utter Chaos 60

After a couple of decades I finally killed my Kaos. I replaced it with the Dirty Birdy and the DB was a much smoother plane to fly. Dave went into more detail but other then tracking better then the Kaos and the knife edge I didn't notice a lot of difference between the two planes. I didn't really have the DB long enough to even point out the finer points. I had my very first mid air a week after maiden but I did get to put it through all it's trim flights. The DB really is a better looking plane. Both were perfect flying machines.
I built a Daddy Rabbit from plans and tried to keep it as stock as I could, it was designed in 1966. It's the only trike geared plane I have ever built for myself. It's the HIGH wind plane of choice in my hanger. Better then any other of it's type I have ever flown. Shorter coupled and fully sheeted. A bit on the heavy side for it's size but that may have a lot to do with the way it handles in very high wind. Even on the ground it doesn't weather vein. Doesn't look near as good as the Birdy though.