RCU Forums - View Single Post - Digital Servo Programmer or Matchbox?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 11:31 AM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Servo Programmer or Matchbox?

OK, all of you Hitec programmer gurus, help me out here. My buddy has a 40% RadioCraft Extra. We are installing 3 aileron servos in each wing (all Hitec 5945's). We think the control horns are all the same distance back from the hinge line, but they may not be perfect. So here is the question, and we have been dinking around with this for a while without a solution.

How do you program the servos to elminate the binding? If we build a fixture to mount the servo in, and then program the center and endpoint to be the same, how can we be sure that the geometry of the linkages is perfect enough for them to match? We've tried this, but invariably, there is a little buzz at one endpoint or another. Then, we have to remove the servo, reprogram, and try again. All in all, this seems to be a bit tedious and I am wondering if there is a better way? Is there a way to do this in the plane?

I have 4 matchboxes in my 40% Carden Extra. Setup took about 10 minutes per surface to get everything perfect. Another couple of hours to get everything mounted. I was using Futaba 9206's so I couldn't use the programmer. We're about to dump the programmer and go buy matchboxes to do the Radiocraft because I know that we can get it done in one evening, unless somebody can help me understand how to make this thing work easily.

Any help out there?

Ken