RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else buy some bum HK lipos lately?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else buy some bum HK lipos lately?

Bought three 3s turnigy 2650's and one 6s zippy 5000. The 5000 zippy had one bad cell (wouldn't charge above 3.99v) and one of the 3s turnigy's had the same problem.

I naturally got the same run-around at HobbyKing. i.e. take a picture, weigh it, turn in a circle 3 times and jump, ect,, ect...

I sent them back to the USA distribution site and now they tell me it will take a long time since I didn't have an RMA. I basically told them I'd take it up with my bank if I don't see some positive action in a couple of days..

Here's a little known HK warranty page that the "customer service" guy tossed me when he was giving me the run-around. What a bunch of BS! Every battery must be returned to Hong Kong for warranty... A cell with a voltage difference of .245v is considered good.. Geezzz I wonder how long that cell is going to last before it puffs and burns up along with the plane it was sitting in and/or my home!

I'm a "Platinum Member", I wonder how the "Copper Members" get treated???

HobbyKing® Lithium Polymer Battery Warranty Policy.

Due to the complexity and delicate nature of Lithium Polymer Batteries, please note the following points prior to making a claim.

Please keep the following in mind before making a claim;
We check all battery pack voltages prior to shipping. It is a simple process and takes us 3 seconds per pack. Doing so assures us that the battery is fit for use, is within the voltage range and has no shorting.
This process does not remove slightly unbalanced packs.

1) You can only make a claim for 'Under voltage' the same day the parcel arrives and prior to the lipoly pack being charged or cycled. 'Under Voltage' means that 1 or more of the cells in you pack has a voltage lower than 3v per cell. After the battery has been cycled or used, no claim for 'under voltage' can be made.

2) We do not replace burnt batteries. All batteries are checked prior to shipping, if a short on the balance connector was to happen, it would happen prior to shipping. Burnt batteries are also impossible to examine, therefore they are not warranted.

3) We do not warrant crash damage, of any kind. If your pack shows signs of an impact or trauma, we will not replace it.

4) Never disassemble your pack. Regardless of your skill level, expertise or qualifications. We will never replace a disassembled or 'inspected' pack.

5) Rapid Capacity Loss. Should your pack fall well short of it's stated capacity, please indicate to us how you achieved capacity claim. We will test packs for charge and discharge values. Should the battery have severe capacity loss, we will test each cell for maximum and minimum voltage charge as well as I/O. This can indicate to us if the pack has been over-discharged. Packs which are over-discharged will not be replaced.

6) Because of the complexity and nature of these batteries, all packs must be returned to our Hong Kong office. Packs sent to any of our warranty agents, will be rejected.

7) Packs which have a cell voltage difference of less than .245v per cell cannot be replaced. Please balance your packs if your packs appears to be unbalanced.

8) Should you be too concerned about sending the parcel back to us due to safety reasons. We will not warrant the pack. Purchasing any battery from HobbyKing.com, constitutes an agreement to this warranty policy.
Each battery brand has it's own warranty time limit. Our standard Lipoly warranty limit is 30 days, unless otherwise stated in the product listing.