RCU Forums - View Single Post - New noob here
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 AM
zeflyby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New noob here

Hi all

As the younger crowed would say, I am a total noob when it comes to RC, my only actual experience with flying anything was playing Battlefield 1942, which i have to say got me hooked in WWII era warbirds.

After a few hours of reseach on the internet looking at what type of RTF eletric airplane for a noob i decided to get the HobbyZone Mini Champ RTF Electric RC airplane at a local hobby shop near my work, its cheap and it seems easy to fly. The owner of the hobby store has a flight simulator setup at his store and I played with it for about 1/2 hour. He invited me to use his simulator so, my plan is to stop by everyday at his shop at lunch for a quick 1/2 hour simulation flight so I can get used to the controls and eye hand coordination. I guess my only concern is that the control he has setup on his simulator is a lot better than the one that comes with the plane, and is it going to be a major difference ?

I haven't done my maiden flight yet, just got the plane yesterday and its been cloudy and rainy in CT so i might go this weekend weather permitting.

I bought an extra battery, I was wondering if I need anything else?