RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Gas Engines a Fad?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 AM
VKGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is Gas Engines a Fad?

Gassers are easier though. I don't see how anyone can even debate that. Only thing required to take to the field with you is a can of gas. Fill them up and flip the prop.

Couldn't agree more. Nitro tuning, toting the field equipment and the mess it leaves behind has always been a burden for me. I'm completely brushless and Gasser now as far as airplanes and boats go. I can get close to 35 minutes of flight time on my 44% CARF Giles 202 with a 1500cc fuel tank, no kidding! No mess to clean up, just take the gas tank!

I have some on-board videos on www.youtube.com/vkgt with the Giles. One flight was over 18 mins and I only was down a 1/2 tank. FWIW, I put a large gas tank in on purpose! I never have to change the needles, it's as reliable as ever

Also, I've been finding more smaller gasoline engines coming out. Lately, I found a 9cc gasoline engine online which I think is awesome. Sorry, I hate Nitro, love my gassers :P http://www.himodel.com/engines/NGH_9...plane_GT9.html

I have two Nitro helicopters, a Fury 55 and a Fury 60. They are great but they fly a heck of a lot less often than my electric helicopters because of the nitro mess. Brushless provides instant power and it runs the same, every time.