RCU Forums - View Single Post - 35mm AEO edf ??
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35mm AEO edf ??

I just ordered the AEO 35mm edf plus. I have been reading the little info i could find, and it seems the 11000kv motor in combination with the 8 bladed fan results in a very inefficient system. From what I have read, about 50% efficiency. Does anyone have the diameter of the installed motor, and any suggestions on replacement motors. I was wondering if maybe the brushless motors they make for the 1/18th scale cars would be a good fit? My next idea was removing 4 of the blades to reduce the load on the 11000kv motor. Its hard to believe that the little 35mm edf should pull up to 22amps. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated, currently building a twin edf F-15, so that much inefficiency multiplied by two results in a bit of a headache, between getting a battery to handle the 50amps, and two 25 amp esc's, it is making its way into a brick the more i look into it. Thanks in advance for any help you have. If you have any other setups that you guys have used with success for a similar size edf, feel free to give details.