RCU Forums - View Single Post - what parts are hard to find for you?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: what parts are hard to find for you?

ORIGINAL: rccrazer

i work in a redcat hobby shop and have to repair the 1/10's almost everyday. the drifers still come with them as does the volcane epx/ pro, they need more teeth and the tc cars do't need the huge teeth to turn those dinky little tires and that light weght chassis (it is in fact diffeant than the off-road vehicles. the drive shaft wont fit and it is narrower, other than that the do now in fact ship with these .8 mod gears in the pro vesrions. either way they still are needed depending on the customer.
u have my dream job. id love to work in a hobby shop. 2 years ago when i heard one was gonna open up the next town over I asked to work there. I think I would have got the job except the owner had plenty of familly members willing to work there.

I mean, Im on rcu most every day...trying to help others as best I can. And I am in my hobby room at least every other day working on a model. Now if only I got paid to do such things! I talk about RC's so much that it drives my poor wife nuts. If I worked at a hobby shop, maybe I could get it all out of my system there and not bug my wife..LOL

I have to admit that Redcat's site (parts search) could use some updating. There are a few parts said to be compatible with models I know for a fact they are not, and vice versa. And on those pinions, if I search for lightning it will show the .8 and 48 but it doesnt say which goes for what. Now, I can look at a gear and tell if its one or the other...but someone new to the hobby may not be able, and thus risk buying the wrong part!