RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm a Newby Again
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm a Newby Again

ORIGINAL: jlander
I figured out the servo problem. I had a bad y-adapter.
Exactly why some guys like Rich and I try to avoid them if possible, although I personally have only had a problem with a Yharness that is made to reverse the direction of one of the servos; Called a "Reversing Y-harness" they are handy for applications such as two evevator servos where the servos are installed in mirror image to each other, forcing them to rotate in opposite directions to allow both surfaces to move the right way. In of the problems with the reversing y is that they have a very small, very cheap pot that you can turn to adjust the center of one of the servos. the pot either tends to physically creep, or the pot is so bad that it cant't hold it's electrical adjustment... Nether FUT or JR make such devices, so they are not something I'm willing to use. That is not saying I won't use a generic component in my setup, but I wont use something that the main manufacturers don't produce. A simple voltage regulator is another example. Both Futaba and JR make 6 volt packs, but nether make a regulator, i.e. I don't use one.