RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new RC car on a budget.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:03 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a new RC car on a budget.

I am an experienced RC guy, but I fly planes. I had a nitro powered car when I was a kid and loved it. I think it was a Kyosho ST-2 with a .12 engine. I see the trucks have came a long way. I would like to get a truggy or truck mainly but I dont really want a monster truck. I don't need 70mph but I also dont want 25mph. After looking around I really like the Slash or Slayer which ever one is nitro and most of all the Jato. I am also open to electric as well, but prefer nitro. My question is what is a good RC car that is fairly low priced to get and make sure I am still interested. Im afraid if I buy something slow and sluggish I will lose interest but I dont know if I want to drop 400-500 dollars just to see if I like it. My main thing is good power and available parts. I have looked at some of the Exceed stuff but I have flown their helis and i must say I am not impressed. I know this is a get what you pay for hobby but sometimes there are some deals. So recommend anything off road nitro or electric. I just dont want to have to upgrade the heck out of something to make it decent. Im not looking to race or anything just have fun at an accelarated pace lol. I like the 250 dollar range if possible but recommend anything you want I may go all out if needed. Thanks in advance for any help.