RCU Forums - View Single Post - C/L scale handle
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: C/L scale handle

ORIGINAL: flyingagin

JohnBuckner show us your set up. Did you mod the radio? Make it part of your control handle or just hold it seperate? I have been thinking along the lines of modding one so that it is part of the handle. Build a good handle and then gut a radio and add it to the handle. Just looking and thinking so far. Copied down plenty of pics of handles to base my next one on, and then add the rx bits, must do a trigger throttle control like the old JR. Roberts I have.

Flying agine have used and still use a Bill Young handle three channel or functions with pistol grip trigger for throttle. The next ship will in addition to the throttled engine with an HS-85 to operate the throttle will also carry a Hitec Optima Six Rx and either set up still carries a 270 mah four cell battery pack and that will be it for the airplane basic set up. Although I beleve I will install an on board servo for stooge release.

The goal is to be able to fly completely alone and to minmise the trips neccessary back and forth to the handle to just once in my wheelchair.

Now I will be using a an old Hitec Prism 7X with the 2.4 module and it will be on a neck strap hung high at breast height back wards so the the sticks point toward the airplane. Now I have tried this out while flying both my Magician and my Nobler actually using the Bill Young handle for tests and I found it will be very easy to simply reach up and hold the throttle stick or any of the others and I beleve this motion will be easier than using a handle with a trigger throttle.

My plan is to continue with the nobler and the Magician with the Young 'Over the Wire' system but all that are added in the future will be 2.4.

John

This is the Young Handle and system:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64943.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1730876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50210.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1730877