RCU Forums - View Single Post - Used 14MZ thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Used 14MZ thoughts?

Keep in mind the 14MZ is one of Futaba's highest end transmitters and contain the best quality components available. A trip through Futaba Service, either by the seller or you, will confirm the unit is equal to a new one with minimal or no cost.

I own two 14MZ's, one purchased when first introduced years ago, another last fall. The first was sent in for service last year due to the touch screen becoming difficult where it was replaced free of charge. While there all optical stick sensors (no electromechanical pots in these stick assemblies) were replaced with improved versions from Futaba, also at no charge. It was thoroughly checked and received the current system software update.

If I put them side by side you cannot detect any difference in appearance or operation.

$1000 to $1500 is a great price with the lower end being a real bargain. Most people who bought these things new take really good care of them and I have never seen one that was not pristine.

If the advertiser posts clear close up photos of the screen, check the lower left corner. The numbers there indicate the total time on the transmitter. Most I have seen have less than 100 hours on the clock.

Good hunting.