RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Am about ready to start rebuilding my 70" Revolver with the DLE 20. But first... I have a generic gasser tuning question about my XYZ 50.

My XYZ 50 wasn't running great - wasn't getting high RPM's (was hitting maybe 5500 or so, instead of 7000 (that it should hit with a Xoar 20x10 prop), so I did some work on it tonight. Put on a new muffler (the old one had holes from crashes), checked inside the carb diaphragm and looked for dirt, and changed the manifold, between the carb and the engine. (the old manifold was pretty beat-up, also from crashes).

So now the engine sounds better and runs smoother at idle and through mid-throttle But when I get close to opening it (3/4 throttle) the engine bogs down so much it almost cuts out. I opened the High speed needle, but it didn't seem to help much. I opened the HS probably 1 - 1.5 turns more than the 2.25 it's supposed to start at. Any suggestions? The carb looks clean - no blockages or dirt inside that I can see. And the diaphram looks healthy. Should I open the Low speed more? (would have tried this but it was getting late). Thanks.