RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF Contender 60 build thread.
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
oldtyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF Contender 60 build thread.

ORIGINAL: smithcreek

I modded it into a taildragger with retracts, also added 1'' to the rudder but kept the original shape. The rudder does cause some serious adverse roll, but I also found that with the flap down it doesn't. You can cruise around with the flap down right on the deck just above idle and it handles great doing all rudder turns. I wonder if that was intentional or just lucky. Two other friends that built them at the same time as me enlarged their rudders and made them like a Cap rudder. They said it helps a bit but does not solve the issue of adverse roll. I'm not sure if it has any effect, good or bad, with the flap down.

The adverse roll was taken care of by the upswept wingtips in the instructions. I built mine that way and it was solid as a rock. This was a known problem with the original design and that's why they suggested building with the upswept wingtips if you didn't want the roll coupling. Mine met with a different problem. I was flying one day and a fellow club member turned on his radio and it happened to be the same frequency that I was flying. I had the pin but he made a mistake and my plane paid the ultimate price..........it went straight in at full throttle.............[&o]