RCU Forums - View Single Post - On board Glow driver
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: On board Glow driver

ORIGINAL: goirish

I bet I can ask more stupid questions than you about electric.
I'm all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the one motor, ESC and it has been used in three planes. I have gone by the planes weight to decide if the motor I haved will work or not. So far so lucky!! To buy the motor I walked into Hobby People and said this is the size and weight of my plane, please give me a motor and ESC. Some times luck is way better then skill. I have several charts to figure if you use this size glow engine then this size motor will work. I can't even figure those out. The go by watts and amps?? If it takes this much juice it will replace this size engine?? RIGHT!! The Swoose is a bit over 6 pounds with a 63 inch wing and flying off of water. It comes out needing about one pound of lead in the nose if you use something like a .50 two stroke. That's what it did for Nick Ziroli. I have given it a lot of thought, lighten up the ass end of the plane and myself and one of the guys have a YS 1.10 on hand and the other guy has an .80 Saito. Still in that thinking point of the build.
Gene