RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first plan-build, have I missed something or did AirAge misprint?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My first plan-build, have I missed something or did AirAge misprint?

The costto ship plans across the Canadian/US border is brutal though. Don't complain in the US of shipping costs of $10.00. I can'tget a set of plans for less than $15.00 postage.

I've had no problem with airage for the buying of plans.If the plans did not arrive after a few weeks, they sent out another set of plans in the mail. I watch for the 50%sales for airage plans. RCM is still relatively inexpensive.

Jim

ORIGINAL: optech

I ordered a set of plans from AirAge once for a Pietenpol. I got a model boat set of plans!!! After further investigation, the plans come from a different place than where you order. I'm almost positive they contract out the plans. When I called Airage I got the "Somebody will call you back line." Several days go by and nothing so I call again. Same promise and nothing. Third time I call back I'm pissed. The lady says she can see my previous calls and swears the matter will be handled. Again no response so I give up ever getting those plans. No biggie, RC Modeler plans has a similar size plan set. So I send the plans back and demand a refund.... Nothing. So I call my credit card company and reverse the charges.

AIRAGE DOES NOT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT YOU, MODEL AIRPLANE PLANS, OR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you want plans with them, "You pays your money and takes your chances", as the saying goes.

I also agree with Gray Beard..... For years I've seen plan description and pictures that do not match. For YEARS the same thing. I cannot fathom that at some point it hasn't been brought to their attention. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE...

Good Luck,
Mike