RCU Forums - View Single Post - My suggestion to increase pattern participation
Old 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My suggestion to increase pattern participation

ORIGINAL: rcflyer4fun

I dont think making sportsman class easier is dumbing down the class because the mission of the Sportsman class should be regarded as an introduction to precision aeobatics. Lets face it Sportsman is very difficult for one just starting out. If all the manuevers were centered then a beginner could practice on his own at his pace until he is ready to hit a contest. Once confident to come out to a contest and give it a go we can mentor them into the basics of turnaround. But if guys think its to hard for them they are not going to enter contests. Since we are a SIG of the AMA I like the idea of calling sportman Club Class. When clubs have their funfly's they could introduce pattern to there members thru the Club Class and thus maybe we can get more participation at our contests.

Evan
Let's see....going from memory here, one loop, one roll, a stall turn, a split Ess, an Immelman turn and a couple 45 degree lines, one climbing the other diving. One box exit and one re-entry. Did I forget anything critical? Oh yeah, all of the 1/4 and 1/8 looping elements that make entries/exits smooth and graceful

These make up about 75%, perhaps more, of the fundamental aspects of PA and all belong in the entry class.

As for a club class, clubs can do this on their own. A suggested set of requirements may include a loop and roll, vertical up and down lines, and a bunch of straight and level. Heck seasoned veterans practice SnL constantly. Should a club class be administered through the AMA? Maybe.....may have quite a problem convincing the CB tho