RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Spitfire Build
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 PM
maverick11359

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Spitfire Build

Very Very nice!

Love the dull paint finish ,luv the detail you put in to the gun ports in each wing .. Couple of questions .. With yourSaitos, you put a velocity stack on the carb to assist fuel consumption. I've often wondered if they make a difference, do think their worth the cost over the improvement?

Have you had any issues with the 90 degree exhaust adaptor (knuckle) on the saito yet ? I'm on my second adapter, i found the first snapped off flush on the thread going in to the crankcase. So I now support the muffler with a small block of ply glued in the back of the engine bay and siliconed up against the mufflers back ( to support the weight and let it still vibrate) . I also have issues with the muffler on my saito 125 always co
mingloose at its joints, so I now use Locktite 272 which seems to work , which will only can come undone if I apply a gas torch to it .

I'm amazed at the high nitro in your blend of fuel . I make my own fuel .. 17% Klotz synthetic oil ,10% Nitro, 73% Methanol , But at the moment I'm considering uping the oil because I'm replacing the bearings in my Saito 82awhich has only done around 150 hours. So far the Saito 125 has no issues but its only about 20 hours old in my Spit.

Love your Spit keep us up to date with more pics..