RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Spitfire Build
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Warwix
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Spitfire Build

Thanks all for the kind words and advice.

Maverick -
    [*]Iput the velocity stacks on my Saitos after reading the reports on the forums that they tend to gather the fuel more efficiently off of the spray bar. Idon't think Iwill ever get around to testing if they do in fact work, but Istill think they look cool on there, haha.[*]Ihave had no issues so far with the 90 degree adaptor. Iuse RTV high temp silicone on all my muffler installations to keep them tight and dry for the length of the engine with very good results. I remember reading about your adapter shearing off but Idecided to take the risk and hope for the best.[*]Saito engines really thrive on a high nitro content. There is actually a quote from a Horizon Hobby employee that says their pilots have seen the best results using 30% heli fuel, giving the most reliable idle and the best WoT rpms. While Ihave always wanted to run 30% nitro, price has always brought me back to earth and I end up using 15 to 20%. But while at the Toledo show this year, I took a chance and bought a couple gallons of 25% nitro/20% oil fromRich's Brew and Ihave gotta say that is just runs like crazy. High nitro content, and Ireally like the oil blend that they offer as Idon't care for straight synthetic. But at only $18 a gallon (possibly a deal for the show) Ihad to go for it and I'm glad Idid. Mix up some higher nitro fuel and give it a whirl. Saitos don't sip the stuff, but they really really like it![/list]ForcesR & Lifer -
      [*]Thanks for the heads up on the retract servo and I will keep a watchful eye on it even thought it has never shown any signs of struggle so far. Hopefully the stock foam wheels that Iam still using have kept the weight down enough to be usable. My H9 Mustang that is a year older but with many more flights on it is still using the 75BB without a hitch, even thought it is using the complete stock retracts setup, but it is food for thought. On the topic of retract servos, Ihave been keeping my eye out for some first hand info on the Spektrum A7000. While it boasts a higher torque rating, the part that really got my attention was the fact that it is a proportional retract servo that can utilize end point adjustment using a computer radio as well as use the servo slow function adding more realism to the rather clunky mechanical retracts. I started a thread on RCU a couple months ago with mixed results so Iam hoping to hear more soon.[/list]Wingco-
        [*]Iactually have 2 cracked canopies for the Spit (Horizon Hobby is the best at replacing damaged or warantee parts) that Iwas going to experiment with about lowering the canopy. Ihave to agree that the second picture definitely give a better look than the stock version. My only dilemma is that I like using button head screws in areas that Imight want to access again (canopy/retracts) so I may have already put too many holes in spots that won't get covered up by a shortened cowl. But thanks for the tip![/list]Pictures of my H9 Warbirds (Mustang is a 60 size "Marie" bash) and the only current picture of the Spit in action.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23597.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	1755334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10710.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1755335