RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio choice
Thread: Radio choice
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
trike_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio choice

Hello All

I was at my LHS and tried a sim. My luck I fly horible. So before trying to fly my champ for the first time Iwant some sim time. Of course you cannot use the provided controller with a sim. I also know that I want a futaba radio because most of the info for max range on the differant types of radios say they have the longest range. My opinion is if I get a radio that I can fly my plane farther than I can see it then it will be safer when I go behind an object while flying. More wave= less chance of signal loss.

So here is my problem.Do I get another spektrum type radio, one thathas buddy port,knowing that I will be getting a futaba in the future? I could get a FMradio from futaba and put in the spektrum module and get the fasst one so I can use the same radio for both my park flyers and the longer range ones. I could also forget about the spektrum radio and buy the new futaba 7 or 8 chanel I want, using it with the sim. IfI go this route I use the provided controller for my BNF aircraft I have now.

Any advice is what I need so I can make up my mind on this.

Thanks all

TF