RCU Forums - View Single Post - Racing my tornado epx pro
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 02:04 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Racing my tornado epx pro

My new epx pro tornado arrived today. I had almost forgot how fast this buggy is!

My buddy got one a few days ago....so we will be racing them on his track very soon.

The tornado is a nice brushless buggy...but is far from a race buggy, was clearly meant for bashing.

Its biggest issue is that its nose heavy...and even with the throttle on in the air the nose still wants to dive.

1st, I plan to add some lead weights to the underside of the wing. 2nd, im going to buy a t-bone racing bumper. the bumper will help the buggy not dig into the ground should it nose down in the air.

I have already adjusted the ESC with a program card. Again, stock its good for bashing but not racing. Even with a careful throttle finger its easy to spin out in the corners as the torque of the motor is just too much. And braking can easily lock up the tires and limit steering.
So I adjusted the punch control to #1, and set the braking force from 75% to 50%. Made a huge difference!

Next I plan to buy the billet alloy front/rear shock towers. I have had a tornado before and know that the stock towers like to bend. The billet ones are twice as thick and far more durable.

I have yet to choose tires. The stock ones have no foams, and while the tread isnt bad for a dirt track the rubber is too soft IMO.

I have looked at these...they look pretty good and are only a bit taller than the stock tires:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190617414301

Since mine and my friends came with the same body...I added some carbon fiber vinyl to mine. Looks kinda cool IMO