RCU Forums - View Single Post - Racing my tornado epx pro
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
rccrazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Racing my tornado epx pro

yes, it was my first one. 27t brushed "mabuchi" sealed can, 6 cell nimh, blue body wih arrow swoops a.m. (no longer sold) yeah, so much love.

gotta oil the shocks, that's a must. i like 60wt oil with no preload in the shock, and none in the pring if your using the stock ones ( team durango springs fit)

as for the weight i do use lipo packs, and move them not i don't even stablize them with foam after so many failled attempts, this taught me about air throttle control, peg that throttle wide open if it's nosing down, just be carefull not to land on it, (stripped gears, bent dogbones, damaged diffs, and broken motor shafts arn't uncommon with this behaviour. get it out).

i like a more drifty feel, but with tracks that are covered in dust that's unavoidable, so i needed control, i toed it out a bit and put -2 in the rear and -3 (both camber) in the front. rpm sells a great camber gauge, it's a racers best buddy.

these are my first things that everyone who wants to zip around a track need to at least try.

anything else i can be of assistance with you today?