RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rules and reulations for float flying in Massachusetts?
Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rules and reulations for float flying in Massachusetts?

I would recommend getting in touch with local RC clubs in your area and find out where they float fly. Our club has worked very hard to secure a private beach on a 88 acre pond here in southern MA and anyone flying here has to be either a club guest or member as we have insured the pond and the owner as one of our club's alternate flying sites. You should join the AMA and fly at a pond with other AMA float flyers to "learn" the basics. I can tell you there are lots of ponds in the New England area but lots are reservoirs and cannot be flown on. Others have very little access or parking and the ponds that are used are guarded well by the float flyers. The last thing wanted is someone not knowing much, losing the right for everyone to fly there. You could get in touch with Andy Argenio the New England AMA VP, who could help you find a float flying club close to your location. I know they fly a lot up in Contocook NH. in one of the state parks I believe. The Charles River club has a couple of float flying sites they use too.